Matthew D. Swanson
Matthew D. Swanson is a partner at FSSK and focuses his practice on the following areas:
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Mechanic's liens
Matthew has been practicing law since 2009. He focuses his practice primarily on bankruptcy-related matters and has represented multiple Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustees in various aspects of litigation. As a top Burnsville bankruptcy lawyer, Matt’s representation of bankruptcy trustees has allowed him to gain critical experience navigating bankruptcy laws, including the recovery of assets, asset exemption disputes, and matters relating to a debtor’s discharge.
Matt was born and raised in Minneapolis and cherishes his Minnesota roots. He became a lawyer because he realized people turn to lawyers when they are in trouble, when they don’t know what to do, or when they have exhausted all other resources. Matt has always been a problem solver, and he accepts every case as a solvable challenge. When Matt is not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. He considers himself an avid outdoorsman and tries to hunt and fish as much as possible. He is also an involved and dedicated member at his local church and is on the board of a local non-profit organization that raises funds to further global mission projects.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Bankruptcy Litigation, Creditor Remedies
- Construction Law – Mechanic lien rights
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D. 2009).
- University of Minnesota, Duluth (B.A. 2006).
- University of Granada, Spain (2004).
- State of Minnesota, 2009.
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota, 2009.
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2012.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Karen Asphaug, 1st Judicial District, MN.
- Board Member of Club-Up Foundation (www.club-up.org)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member Bankruptcy Section