Randall L. Seaver
Randall Seaver is one of the founding partners at Fuller, Seaver, Swanson & Kelsch, P.A. and practices in the following areas:
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Creditor Remedies
Randy has extensive experience in all aspects of bankruptcy, but he specializes in trustee work. He has held a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee appointment from the United States Department of Justice, Office of the U.S. Trustee, since 1998. In addition to his duties as a trustee, he represents other Chapter 7 panel trustees in litigation matters primarily relating to the recovery of assets for bankruptcy estates. Randy has represented trustees in hundreds of litigation cases in Federal Bankruptcy Court resulting in recoveries of millions of dollars for bankruptcy estates.
Since becoming a Chapter 7 trustee, Randy has questioned thousands of people under oath at meetings required under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Most notably, Randy is the trustee in the Chapter 7 cases of Dennis E. Hecker and in the case of Petters Capital, Inc.
As a result of his undeterred investigative nature, Randy has been profiled in both the Minneapolis Star Tribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press relative to his work in the Dennis Hecker case, and was awarded "Attorney of the Year" for 2010 by Minnesota Lawyer.
- William Mitchell College of Law – cum laude (J.D. 1983).
- Michigan State University (1973).
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Judicial intern to Miles Lord, U.S. District Judge
- Judicial intern to Floyd E. Boline, U.S. Magistrate Judge
- Judicial clerk to James Mork, Freeborn County Distict Court, Albert Lea, Mn.
- Presenter at numerous CLE programs, primarily at the yearly Minnesota CLE Bankruptcy Institute.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member of Minnesota State Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section